- This event has passed.
Submission Deadline for Toho Journal Spring 2021 Issue
Toho Journal publishes fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art and photography too! While we focus on Philadelphia, creatives of all stages and geographies are invited to apply.
THEME: The theme of our Spring/Summer 2021 issue is resilience. Toughness, adaptation in the face of adversity, the ability to bounce back—time and time again. Use the theme as a starting point (stay close to the theme or wander off). Show us what resilience means to you.
Simultaneous submissions: Encouraged, just notify us if accepted elsewhere.
Response Time: 3–4 months. Please be patient.
Requirements: Please read the following carefully. Due to submission volume, pieces not following guidelines may not be read.
- Fiction & Nonfiction: 750 words max.
- Poetry: 1–3 poems. 500 words in total (preference for shorter poems).
- Art & Photography: 1–4 pieces, .jpg or .tiff (.tiff preferable). Submit each piece as its own file. Min resolution: 300 dpi; max file size: 45 MB.
- Formatting: Manuscripts should have your name, submission title, and page numbers.
- File naming: Please use your last name.
- Make sure you’re submitting to the proper genre. Miscategorized pieces may not be read.
- NOTE: The online and print journal are separate and exclusive. If you are published in one, you will not be published in the other.
- Finally, we welcome all writers and particularly seek to be a welcoming space to BIPOC writers, LGBTQ+ writers, and writers of all marginalized identities.